The package includes
The guide is organized into 8 chapters and features around 100 pages of documentation:
- Chapter 1: Introducing Windows Phone Platform to Symbian Qt Application Developers
- Chapter 2: Windows Phone Application Design Guidelines
- Chapter 3: Windows Phone Developer and Designer Tools
- Chapter 4: C# programming
- Chapter 5: Introducing Windows Phone Application Life Cycle
- Chapter 6: Porting Applications to Windows Phone
- Chapter 7: Windows Phone Example Applications
- Chapter 8: Using the API Mapping Tool
The Windows Phone API mapping tool focuses on the core libraries for Qt 4.7 for Symbian (QtCore, QtGui, QtLocation, QtNetwork, QtSensors, QtSql, QtXml, QtWebKit, QML Elements, QML Components.
Regarding the Nokia Windows Phone Training roadshow,
starting today in Paris, France. During this one day training event, you’ll learn how to take your ideas and get them running on the Windows Phone platform. Upcoming dates and locations for the roadshow are as follows: Milan, Italy (Sept 26), Madrid, Spain (Sept 29), Berlin, Germany (Oct 4) , London, United Kingdom (Oct 10) and Silicon Valley, USA – date & details coming soon!
Similar events are also happening in Australia: Sydney (Sept 24-25[SOLD OUT], Oct 8-9), Melbourne (Oct 8-9[SOLD OUT, wait list]) and Brisbane (Oct 8-9).
We realize this is only a few dates and locations, so for all the developers who want to learn Windows Phone, I recommend that you follow at your own pace the EXCELLENT “Window Phone Mango Jump Start” online video training.
So what are you devs waiting for? Microsoft has released similar tools in the past to woo iOS and Android devs. Why wait and not port your already successful aps and games on Windows Phone platform?